The skwad were back at it again over the weekend. Off we go, up north, to Sheffield for the first BUCS event of the year.
Here’s a report of how we did:
- Naturally Rob was in his element leading the way as we followed him, like lost sheep, to Greggs, because “I always swim better after a steak bake”. We may have mocked him at the time, but proceeded to put on an incredible display of northern talent gaining 5 pb’s, proving why he is “The Captain”.
- Goggy was… well… Goggy. And unsurprisingly smashed all her races and actually got us some BUCS points! 2 finals, 1 collapsed lung… BUCS? Completed it mate.
- Moving on to “Big Man Prez” as he calls himself… JJ did some mad swims including an epic pb in the 200IM, he makes it look easy.
- Frankie also excelled himself and smashed 2 pb’s, although we didn’t manage to congratulate him because he was mainly hanging out with Imperial and sporting matching haircuts with his brother
- Emily proved what happens when you don’t train… (turn up to sessions kids) and after a poor performance is once again claiming she will “start lifting big weights” in Bloomsbury, so keep an eye out.
- Now onto ‘Legend of the Meet’… that goes to Alan for his performance in the pool and in Sainsbury’s… 6 mince pies!!! Exceptional.
- Dan and George… where do we start? Great swims from the boys but unfortunately their behaviour out of the pool is going to lead to some forfeits at Loop. George has a girlfriend if anyone was still unsure, and Dan… doesn’t (if you know, you know).
- Finally, congrats to Allan, who, despite years of experience (he started Uni in 2012 when most of us were still trading Pokémon), had some technical problems during his 50Fly when his goggles filled up with water.
Well done to everyone, great weekend, great swims, great chat.